Hosting Org: Community Engagement Network
Date: October 25, 2019
Time: 12:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Location: Southside Hospital, 301 East Main Street , Emergency Department Conference Room, Bay Shore, NY 11706
Event Link: Chronic Disease Self-Management Program
These workshops will provide you with helpful information on how to better manage your health in a fun and interactive environment.
You will learn:
• How to choose healthier food options
• Tips for fun and easy-to-do exercises, even while seated!
• Healthy ways to manage stress like breathing exercises and guided imagery
• How to improve communication with your family and friends
• How to make better decisions with your healthcare team about treatments
• How to better understand medications, effects and appropriate use
All workshop participants will receive the book “Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions” and GIFTS for attending!