Last Modified: 7/22/2016
The Long Island Population Health Improvement Program ("LIPHIP"), on behalf of the Long Island Health Collaborative, respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy applies to information we collect on www.LIHealthCollab.org ("Website") through the Are You Ready, Feet?™ portal ("Portal") and in email and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by LIPHIP or any third party (including but not limited to, the Long Island Health Collaborative, the Nassau-Suffolk Hospital Council, the Healthcare Association of New York State, the Suburban Hospital Alliance of New York State, and the New York State Department of Health, our "affiliates and subsidiaries"); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from the Website
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, birth year, zip code, e-mail address, height, weight, or BMI ("Personal Information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as passwords.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
Information that you provide or is requested by us, such as when posting material, entering a giveaway, or reporting a problem.
Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our organization and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a successor in the event of a restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or transfer of some or all of LIPIHP's assets in which Personal Information held by LIPIHP about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of LIPIHP or others.
Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at LIHC@nshc.org to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
Data not requested to be deleted will be stored for the duration of the Long Island Health Collaborative. If and when the LIHC should end, Personal Information will be permanently deleted.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. These measures are industry-standard and follow legal requirements. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Long Island Health Collaborative
1383 Veterans Memorial Highway
Hauppauge, NY 11788