A prominent member of the Long Island Health Collaborative, the Nassau County Department of Health leads a public health system that works to create healthy communities.
The Nassau County Department of Health website can provide a user with local resources, data and reports on research done by the county, contact information within the department, emergency preparedness information, employment and volunteer opportunities including the Medical Reserve Corps, news releases, programs and services, and more. From the NCDOH website;
The Nassau County Department of Health will lead a public health system that works to create healthy communities.
Nassau County Department of Health promotes and protects the health of all who live, work, and play in Nassau County.
The mission is accomplished through direct services and community partnerships in the following areas:
- Development and maintenance of individual and community preparedness for public health hazards and events.
- Investigation, prevention, and control of communicable diseases.
- Prevention of environmental health hazards through assessment, regulation, and remediation.
- Promotion of healthy lifestyles through outreach and education.
- Provision for evaluation and services to individuals, children, and families that have developmental delays and concerns.