Application assistance is now available to help you, or someone you love, apply for health insurance programs for the aged, certified blind, and certified disabled. Programs offered through New York State:
- Medicaid with a Spenddown
- Medicaid for coverage of community-based long-term care services
- Medicaid for Institutionalized Persons who are applying for Coverage of Nursing Home care
- Medicaid Buy-in for Working People with Disabilities Program
- Medicare Savings Programs
- Medicaid for Institutional Care in a Nursing Home
Three easy steps will assist you with finding out if you, or someone in your family, is eligible for one of these Medicaid Programs.
Call (631) 656-9783 or go to our website at www.coverage4healthcare.com for a calendar listing of our enrollment sites and a list of basic documents needed for the application process.
Meet with an Application Assistance Enroller. This is the person who will assist you in the application process. Application assistance is held regularly at various locations throughout Nassau and Suffolk counties. We also have limited appointments available at our Hauppauge office. Call (631) 435-3000 for appointment availability.If you are unable to attend, you can send an authorized representative. Call our office to obtain an authorization form.
Collect the necessary documents. You will need to show proof of age, identity, home address, and income. Depending on the coverage you are seeking, you may be required to provide proof of your resources as well. Your enroller will let you know if additional documents are needed.