Hosting Org: Colette Coyne Melanoma Awareness Campaign
Date: May 17, 2020
Time: Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. 5k Run starts at 9:30 a.m. 5k Walk starts at 10:45 a.m.
Location: Eisenhower Park, Parking Field #2, East Meadow, NY
Event Link: Miles for Melanoma Steps to Stop Skin Cancer 5k Run/Walk
Free Skin Cancer Screenings for Registrants - Provided By Belaray Dermatology & Northwell Dermatology
A Fun Day for the Whole Family - Special Kids Activity Tables, Prize Wheel, & Raffle
• Make your own UV bracelet using UV sensitive beads that change color when exposed to UV rays.
• Nail Polishing w/UV Sensitive Polish Indicating Exposure to UV Rays.
• Face Painting
The 5k Run/Walk Serves Many Important Purposes
1. It enables families and friends to acknowledge loved ones touched by melanoma.
2. It is a source of encouragement and strength for those diagnosed with melanoma to meet others who have successfully won their battle with melanoma.
3. It is an educational event and certainly fun for the whole family. Children can have their face painted, make their own UV Bracelets and learn of the necessary precautions that should be taken by all regarding Sun exposure.