Hosting Org: Southside Hospital
Date: April 8, 2020
Time: 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Location: First Baptist Church Bay Shore, 175 2nd Ave., Bay Shore, NY 11706
Event Link: Chronic Disease Self-Management Program Workshops
Manage your health - Feel you best!
Southside Hospital, in partnership with the Long Island Health Collaborative, the Community Engagement Network and the First Baptist Church of Bay Shore, is offering a FREE Prevention and Management of Chronic Disease workshop to help you optimize your health. The workshop runs six weeks and starts Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
Check out this informative, interactive and fun class—and have a healthier 2020!
You will learn:
- How to choose better-for-you food options
- How to do fun and easy exercises—even while seated
- How to manage stress in healthy ways, using breathing exercises, guided imagery and other simple methods
- How to improve communication with your family and friends
- How to work with your healthcare team to make better decisions about treatments
How to get the most from your medications
Light and healthy refreshments will be served.
Workshops will be held at the First Baptist Church of Bay Shore on the following days:
Wednesday, April 1 at 11am
Wednesday, April 8 at 11am
Wednesday, April 15 at 11am
Wednesday, April 22 at 11am
Wednesday, April 29 at 11am
Wednesday, May 6 at 11am
Register online here!