Last modified: 7/22/2016
Information We Collect from Children
Content and features are available only to registered users.
We only collect as much information about a child as is reasonably necessary for the child to participate in an activity, and we do not condition his or her participation on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary.
Information We Collect Directly
In the event that a child under the age of 13 wishes to create an account, COPPA requires that we first seek a parent or guardian's consent by email. In the email we will explain what information we are collecting, how we plan to use it, how the parent can provide consent, and how the parent can revoke consent. If we do not receive parental consent within a reasonable time, we will delete the parent contact information and any other information collected from the child in connection with that activity.
A child must provide us with the following information to register with this website: the child's first name, birth YEAR, zip code, and a parent's email address. We also require the child to create a password. We may request additional information from your child, but this information is optional. We specify whether information is required or optional when we request it.
We enable registered users to interact with others through the "Journey Across Long Island" feature by sharing to external sites such as email or social media. The nature of this feature allows children to disclose their name, "journey" image and trophies collected. We do not monitor or review this content before it is posted, and we do not control the actions of third parties with whom your child shares his or her information. We encourage parents to educate their children about safe internet use and to monitor their children's use of social features.
How We Use Your Child's Information
We use the personal information we collect from your child to:
- register him or her with the Site;
- communicate with him or her about activities or features of the Website that may be of interest;
- track his or her performance in games or other activities.
Our Practices for Disclosing Children's Information
We do not share, sell, rent, or transfer children's personal information other than as described in this section.
We may disclose aggregated information about many of our users, and information that does not identify any individual. We may disclose personal information:
- To third parties we use to support the internal operations of our Website and who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the information only for such purpose and to keep the information confidential.
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of LIHC and LIPHIP, our customers or others, including to:
- protect the safety of a child;
- protect the safety and security of the Website; or
- enable us to take precautions against liability.
In addition, if LIHC and LIPHIP is involved in a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of LIHC and LIPHIP's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding or event, we may transfer the personal information we have collected or maintain to the buyer or other successor.
Accessing and Correcting Your Child's Personal Information
At any time, you may review the child's personal information maintained by us, require us to correct or delete the personal information, and/or refuse to permit us from further collecting or using the child's information.
You can review, change, or delete your child's personal information by:
- Logging into your child's account and visiting his or her account profile page.
- Sending us an email at LIHC@nshc.org or calling us at (631) 257-6964. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to take certain steps or provide additional information to verify your identity before we provide any information or make corrections.
Operators That Collect or Maintain Information
The following are all operators that may collect or maintain personal information through the Website:
Long Island Health Collaborative
1383 Veterans Memorial Highway
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Blue Compass Interactive
1601 48th St
West Des Moines, IA 50266